Intercabin® – MRI cabin
Smart modular System
Modern magnetic resonance imaging is becoming increasingly powerful. The advancing development and the use of systems with a field strength of 1.5 Tesla or more, provide high-quality image results for allocating clinical findings and further medical diagnosis. This development involves the risk of interactions and interference from electromagnetic fields: each electrical / electronic equipment can emit and receive electromagnetic radiation from other surrounding devices.
The Intercabin® shielding room made by Interflex® Medizintechnik ensures the operating reliability of modern magnetic resonance imaging systems. In addition to maximum operating convenience and functionality of the cabin, we focus on a comfortable patient environment. Leading MRI manufacturers rely on our international experience and the state-of-the-art Intercabin®.
What is Intercabin®?
Intercabin® is a shielding room for medical and industrial applications. It is manufactured in steel, stainless steel and / or aluminium sheet metal as a self-supporting, modular panel-system. Each floor, wall and ceiling module is bolted-together. The cabin can be accessed by shielded HF-doors (HF means „high frequency shielded“). For patient observation, sophisticated HF-observation windows are used. The use of a modular system makes it easy to extend, replace or repair the MRT (magnetic resonance tomograph).
How does Intercabin® work?
The modules of the Intercabin® build up a shielded enclosure for the MRT. The contacting metal surfaces of the cabin modules and components (such as HF-windows, HF-doors, HF-feedthroughs, HF-filter panels for air-condition, etc.) are locked with bolts and nuts and form up a so-called Faraday cage, which serves as shielding for the electromagnetic waves of the MRI scanner. An additional soft iron shielding of the building (floors, walls, ceiling) ensures that the electromagnetic field of the MRI will remain stable and isolated by surrounding rooms or won’t be affected by external influences. Additionaly a soft iron shielding reduces the strong electromagnetic field emitted by the MRT (e.g. the harmful 5-Gauss line for persons with cardiac pacemakers).
Intercabin® product range (extract)
Turnkey, modular HF shielding room Intercabin®
- Intercabin® Steel 1.5 (1.5 mm galvanized steel sheet finish)
- Intercabin® Steel 2.0 (2.0 mm of galvanized steel sheet finish)
- Intercabin® Alu 3.0 (3.0 mm aluminum sheet finish)
HF shielding room Intercabin® in fixed dimensions
- Intercabin® ONE (low-budget cabin basic kit, with or without interior decoration)
Wide range of HF-doors and HF-windows
- HF-shielded access doors in stainless steel finish in various dimensions (standard HF-door 1.200 x 2.100mm)
- HF-shielded windows (observation window, daylight window or borrowed light) in different dimensions (standard HF-window 1.200 x 900mm)
Wide range of HF-filters
- HF-shielded cabin air-filters for ventilation and air conditioning
- HF-shielded feedthrough (wave guides) e.g. for the transfer of medical gases
- HF-shielded modular filter panel for electrical installation (cabin lighting, electricity and power outlets, emergency stop, etc.)
- special HF-shielded filters for the connection of LED lighting systems (e.g. omniRGB ambient lighting)
- special HF-shielded filters for secure feed of audio, video or data signals
The construction or modification of a HF-cabin includes many individual planning steps. Experienced project managers at Interflex® inform you about all necessary tasks. We appreciate advising you locally in advance. Please contact us.
Intercabin® – Better from experience.